background

Thursday, January 7, 2016

Books and Movies for Dog Lovers

I love books, I love reading, and I love collies.  I also love movies about dogs and specifically collies.  So from time to time I like to feature a movie or book that I particularly enjoyed.  This month I decided to feature not just a book, but the series of books written by author Dorothy Bodoin.  Her books are in the genre of romantic suspense/mysteries, with characters you can't help but love.  And what drew me to her books is that each story includes a collie or two as main characters.





The series is set in Foxglove Corners, and feature the heroine, Jennet Greenway and her rough collie, Halley.  In each book she makes new friends, solves mysteries and rescues collies.   In a world where people want to be entertained with exciting blockbusters these books are simple.  They describe a life where values and peaceful moments with friends, both human and canine, are treasured.  And the added mysteries keep the reader trying to figure out the plot and what is going to happen next.  I highly recommend you check out these books, you may become as addicted to them as I am!  The first book in the series is Darkness At Foxglove Corners, and the newest book, The Stone Collie will be released in February 2016.  (I'm counting the days!) 


You can find these books on Amazon for either your kindle or you can order a paperback version.  The complete list of her series can be found on Dorothy's website:  www.dorothybodoin.com
If you do give her books a try, please come back here and let me know what you think.  I'd love to hear from you!

You can check out our last book review here:  books-and-movies-for-dog-lovers

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this. I'm always looking for new books to read and if they have dogs in them, that makes it even more intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's the best time of year to snuggle up with a good book and a dog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mom likes reading, and reading dog books also. stella rose

    ReplyDelete
  4. hello again - for some reason you weren't showing up in our reading list - we just adding you again :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will definitely have to check these out at some point! Right now, though, I'm still reading Jackie Bouchard's first book. I had to take a break to get caught up on my blog reading. Until early this morning I was about three weeks behind. If Shadow and Ducky hadn't had to go outside, I'd still be asleep!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't read her books but I love books with dogs. Thank you for joining the Pet Parade. ☺

    ReplyDelete