With all the new articles raising concern about health problems being caused by dog foods, it's hard to know what food is safe. But Stella & Chewy's has a good reputation, and we have tried some of their other products in the past, so we felt confident that this was a quality dog food.
But let's look at the ingredient list:
Lamb, Lamb Spleen, Lamb Liver, Lamb Heart, Lamb Kidney, Lamb Bone, Pumpkin Seed, Organic Cranberries, Organic Spinach, Organic Broccoli, Organic Beets, Organic Carrots, Organic Squash, Organic Blueberries, Fenugreek Seed, Potassium Chloride, Dried Kelp, Sodium Phosphate, Tocopherols (Preservative), Choline Chloride, Dried Pediococcus Acidilactici Fermentation Product, Dried Lactobacillus Acidophilus Fermentation Product, Dried Bifidobacterium Longum Fermentation Product, Dried Bacillus Coagulans Fermentation Product, Zinc Proteinate, Iron Proteinate, Taurine, Calcium Carbonate, Vitamin E Supplement, Thiamine Mononitrate, Copper Proteinate, Manganese Proteinate, Sodium Selenite, Niacin Supplement, D-Calcium Pantothenate, Riboflavin Supplement, Vitamin A Supplement, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Folic Acid.
I was impressed with all that real meat, and no "lamb meal" like we see in so many other dog foods. And I loved all the organic fruits and veggies! Check out the key benefits:
- Made with grass-fed lamb raised without hormones or antibiotics and 100% organic-certified fruits and vegetables.
- Real raw nutrition in the convenience of freeze-dried nuggets; can be served as a complete meal or mixed with dry kibble to add variety with a nutritious boost and help entice a picky eater.
- Formulated to mimic a canine’s natural diet; never contains grains, gluten, fillers, artificial preservatives or colorings.
- Complete and balanced nutrition is enhanced with probiotics to aid in healthy digestion—perfect for the pup with a sensitive stomach.
- Proudly made in the USA with ingredients responsibly sourced from trusted and reputable suppliers.
The lamb is grass-fed, and free of both hormones and antibiotics. And it's made in the USA, and all the ingredients are responsibly sourced. This is definitely something we love to see when choosing a dog food or treat.
The collies really love the taste of Stella & Chewy's Dandy Lamb Meal Mixers, and I really love the ingredients. So this is one product we highly recommend. Now with all those quality ingredients, it can be a bit pricey for those of us with multiple dogs, which is why this food is perfect for "mixing" in to your regular kibble, to boost your dogs' nutrition! We also use the small pieces as training treats, as the collies will do whatever we ask for these freeze-dried raw food nuggets! But don't just take our word, the collies want you to give them a try for yourselves!
Disclaimer: We were sent this product for free, from our friends at Chewy.com, in exchange our our honest review.