background

Friday, October 18, 2024

Nature can be beautiful, but also cruel…

This week we are enjoying some truly beautiful Fall weather.  We’ve had lots of sunshine and cooler temperatures, which the collies are enjoying.  I took Addison on a hike after a therapy visit, to one of our favorite hiking spots.  The Fall foliage is always lovely, and reflects on the water to create a stunning display.


Sweet little family

Each Autumn I return at least once, and I’m always greeted by a mated pair of swans and their cygnets.  They always add beauty and grace to the photos I take at this location, and I’ve become very fond of them over the years.


Sadly, this year a new mated pair moved in, and they are bullying and attacking the original pair and their cygnets.  You can see them harassing one of the swans in these videos.  The videos show the beauty of nature, but also the cruelty.  I hope the newcomers don’t harm the original family, or drive them away from their home.



Addison was very curious about the swans, and their displays of aggression.  She kept watching them, and I could tell by the expression on her face that she was very puzzled.  She did stop swan-watching long enough to pose for a couple pictures for me.


The Autumn days are passing so swiftly, and the weather is turning chilly.  It was only 48 degrees last night so I had to pull out the cozy, flannel pjs.  And the collies who sleep on the bed, were snuggled up so closely around me, it felt like I was in a collie cocoon!  With the rapid change in the weather, I’m starting to think of Christmas, and sitting by the fireplace, and baking cookies!  But first Fall and….Halloween!  Leave us a comment, and let us know if your pets are dressing up this Halloween!



No comments:

Post a Comment