background

Saturday, July 29, 2023

Quick update

 I love writing, and I missed it greatly.  That’s why I decided to resurrect the collie blog, to once again have a creative outlet for writing, and to enjoy the camaraderie of the blogging community.  I always kept intending to return, but life just kept getting in the way. So what’s new?

Since my last post in 2020 I have become a Grandma to two perfect little boys! And of course, being a new Grandma, I want to spend all my free time with them.  They are 2 years old and 8 months old, and so adorable.  The puppies I posted about back in 2020 have grown up and begun their show careers.  COVID delayed their competing in shows, but finally things have returned to normal, and Addison and Peyton have both started earning points towards their championships.  

I had some health problems, which resulted in a hospital stay.  I’m mostly recovered, but now dealing with chronic conditions.  My Mom fell last year and fractured her neck, so I moved in with her.  The collies have adapted to the change, and enjoy living so close to the beach.  We take long walks, when it’s not 90+ degrees, and have a favorite spot by a creek to sit and enjoy the sunsets.



I’m not sure how often I’ll post, but I will definitely try to make it at least monthly, and share pictures of all the collies!

4 comments:

  1. We are thrilled that you will be blogging again! We have missed you and your beautiful Collies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back! We can't wait to hear more about what you and your pups are up to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As I'm catching up on my blog reading, your posts are popping up - And I'm glad I'm not missing them.

    I'm sorry to hear about your health issues (me too!) but it's a big help to have *something* to take our mind off of everything. Congratulations on the newest members to your family - 2 and 4 legged - I know they are bringing you a lot of joy and adding a lot of fun too!!

    I'm glad you're back blogging when you can. It's hard when life gets in the way. I miss longtime bloggers like you, and wonder where they've gone - some have sadly passed away. But I try to keep my blog going because I want there to be some kind of a record of the dogs that we've met over the years -- And by the way, I don't know *anything* about whelping puppies, making me grateful for those like you and the foster home that has Lucy, that do. 🥰

    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lulu: "Hello! And welcome back! It has been a while! We have had a bit of excitement now and then while you were away, and we've added a few more family members, as you may have noticed ..."
    Java Bean: "Do you mean me? You mean me, right?"
    Oona: "And also Oona!"

    ReplyDelete