1) Dogs can lift your spirits, even when you are feeling depressed. Studies have been done that show spending time with your dog increases your brain’s levels of dopamine and serotonin. Dopamine, Serotonin, Oxytocin, and Endorphins are the quartet responsible for your happiness. Many situations can trigger these neurotransmitters, but spending time with your dog is one of the easiest ways to increase your levels!
2) You never have to be alone when you have a dog, ever. My dogs follow me everywhere, even into the bathroom. And on the rare occasions that I leave a room without them noticing, it's not long before they are right behind me. Dogs are amazing companions, and a great way to keep people from feeling lonely.
3) When you share your life with a dog, you know you are missed every time you leave. Even if you are gone for 10 minutes, your dog is always happy to see you when you return. Are there any humans in your life that miss you that much?
4) On cold, Winter nights, dogs make excellent bed warmers!
5) Having a dog can help reduce your risk of cardiovascular disease. There are studies that show petting your dog will help to lower blood pressure, which lowers your risk for a myriad of different cardiac illnesses.
6) You never need to sweep up the food or crumbs you drop. Your dog will always be there for clean up duty!
7) Your dog will never, ever look down on you for wearing old, comfortable sweats or pajamas. They just want to be by your side, no matter how you look or what you wear! They will even join you when you spend a rainy day binge watching Netflix!
8) Having a dog encourages us to lead a healthier lifestyle, by getting out and taking them for walks and hikes. They also help you socialize and explore the world around you.
9) They teach us to enjoy every moment, and to find pleasure in even the simplest of things.
10) Dogs are the best because they love you unconditionally. Even when you make a mistake, they love you anyway without judgement or resentment.
What would be in your top 10 list of reasons your dog makes your life better?