background

Saturday, October 19, 2024

Collies in digital art

Continuing my series of “collies in art,” I had to include a post about digital art.  This refers to art created on computers or electronic devices.  I am not including images created by AI in this category, only the images created by actual digital artists.  I have commissioned a few images, to use on our social media, and to support these artists who are very talented in this medium.

The following images were created by Sabrina Brinkerhoff Bingham, The first is of my sweet little Addison.  She filled in the background with a Winterberry bush, in honor of our kennel name, Winterberry Collies.  Sabrina has an Etsy shop called ArtzyBrina, where you can commission your own digital images, just click here.  She also created a collie coloring book, and it can be found on Amazon, by clicking here.


The next image is of my Ryder, created to celebrate a little known holiday, Therapy Dog Appreciation Day.  I think this captures the inherent sweetness of therapy dogs in general, and of Ryder in particular.  I told her exactly what I was picturing in my head, and she did a beautiful job capturing the image.


This image is of my Addison and Rosie.  Sabrina worked closely with me to create this digital art, as I wanted my own collies featured on a card, to use when wishing my friends and family a Happy Birthday on social media.  She used pictures of my collies to create the image, let me choose the background color, the banner, and even added the balloons and cake I asked to be included.


The next image was commissioned after I lost my beautiful Kori.  This was based on a picture I had of Kori and her puppy, Ben.  (Now called Gibbs) I just wanted an image of a happy time, to remember her.


This was created by Sabrina, using my pictures of Addison and Rosie once again.  I wanted an image I could use to create my own personalized Christmas cards.  She created this beautiful image, and even had Addi holding the ornament I requested!  I think it came out perfectly!


This last image was recently created by another digital artist, and the artist’s work can be found on Facebook, by searching for “Art by Dezzoi.”



12 comments:

  1. The artwork is beautiful, each and every one of them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's all very creative. We love the one of Kori and her puppy, Ben as they looked very happy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are all so nice. I really like cold noses, warm heart!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are all so lovely!

    Thanks for joining our hop today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are all wonderful works of art.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What great artwork you have of your pups. The artists are very talented.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bravo for digital art (yes, not "AI", there is a huge difference).
    These are charming, capture your pups personality ~ warm, light and bright and bring a smile to one's face and are overflowing with wonderful memories. Thank you for sharing her lovely work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What cute collies! I answered your question over on my blog, but I realized I could cut and paste Joe's email here too, in case you don't see it over there. Here it is:

    Dear Cyber Paw Pals,

    Those of you in the storm path are in our thoughts and prays.

    As for us, we dodged another bullet. Some palm fronds in the yard, but nothing much. We didn't receive a lot of rain either. We count our blessings and praise the lord.

    Dog Speed,

    Joe, Gemini & Normandy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Java Bean: "Ayyy, those are all wonderful illustrations!"
    Chaplin: "Our favorite is the therapy dog one, which illustrates why Tucker could never have been a therapy dog."
    Oona: "Why not? Did he not like people?"
    Chaplin: "Oh no, Tucker loved people. But Dennis told us that when Tucker was around wheelchairs, like at a memorial service for one of Dennis's flyball teammates, if the person in the wheelchair had a plate of food, it was right at Tucker's level and he was so persistent about trying to steal from them that Mama had to keep him on a short leash the whole time."

    ReplyDelete