background

Monday, September 30, 2024

Autumn days are swiftly passing…

 Another busy Autumn weekend has come and gone.  We tried to enjoy every moment, and it was a definite success!

On Saturday I took my Mom to a local fair.  She was very happy, as she just celebrated her 88th birthday and she didn’t think she would get to see another fair.  But I had bought her a transport wheelchair, and convinced her to give it a try.  We had a nice time, and were able to enjoy some delicious fair food while we were there!




On Sunday we were entered at another Fast CAT trial.  This time my daughter also brought Sorsha and Rosie, to let them give it a try.  And it was not really a surprise, they both loved it!  They did very well, and earned lots of points for their first try at Fast CAT.  Peyton earned some additional points, and we finally figured out how to help her succeed.  As long as a stranger releases her, she runs right after the lure, straight to me.  It is only when my daughter or I release her that she turns around, and returns to us.  I wish we had figured it out sooner!  



And we have exciting news, both Addison and ZuZu earned their first Fast CAT titles!   Both girls had great runs, ZuZu even beat her best time.  And they now have the “BCAT” title after their names!


Then on late Sunday afternoon I took Winter and my mother’s collie, Phoebe to Petco.  We had them take the Canine Good Citizen test, and both passed with ease.  So they get to add the CGC title to their names.  This is Phoebe’s first title ever, and I think she was feeling very proud of herself.  I will post pictures when their certificates come from AKC.  That makes six new titles earned by our collies yesterday!  Is the math not mathing?  With their new BCAT titles, Addi and ZuZu also qualify for the Fit dog title, FITB!  What a great weekend!



7 comments:

  1. What a fun weekend! And a big congrats, Addison and ZuZu!! Juno xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love a good fair. Such fun. I'm glad mom got to go. I love all the fall colors. One of my favorite seasons.

    Thank you for joining the Awww Mondays Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous Awww Monday and week. Scritches to the collies. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun weekend. ConCats to Addison and Zuzu!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How wonderful you got to take your Mom to the Fair. Happy Birthday from all of us. Congrats on the new titles sweeties, that was a fun and fast video!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fairs are always so much fun and your collies are such smart and beautiful dogs. Congratulations to the winners!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lulu: "Fair food! Yum! This one time here our Dada made apple fritter funnel cake type things in the deep fryer. We didn't get to try them, but Mama rated them 11 out of 10 and told him never to make them again."
    Java Bean: "Congratulations to Addison and ZuZu for their fast CAT titles!"
    Charlee: "We can tell that must be the best title you can get because it is spelled C-A-T!"

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on such a successful weekend. The pups sure look like they enjoyed chasing that lure.

    ReplyDelete