background

Thursday, September 26, 2024

My Autumn Collie

 


In the brisk Autumn air,

The collie bounds,

Into the forest of red and gold,

A Fall palette of color surrounds.

Dancing through the falling leaves,

His steps are swift and light,

Chasing squirrels through the trees,

His playful spirit takes flight.

His burnished coat of red and brown,

His paws so snowy white,

His beauty steals my breath away,

In my Autumn collie I delight.

~ Kat Pirro




These pictures were from many years ago, when my Ryder was a young collie.  But they are some of my favorites so I wanted to share them once again.

13 comments:

  1. What a wonderful poem and you, Ryder, look fabulous surrounded by the beautiful autumn colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are beautiful photos and I really enjoyed your wonderfu poem too. Thanks for joining Angel Brian's Thankful Thursday Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful poem and beautiful pictures of Ryder.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a WONDERFUL poem......thanks so much for visiting our blog - it's not a Hop but if you visit us and comment and leave us your link people can come visit you to read your work! We're now subscribed to you - My Mom has always thought Collies are GORGEOUS (no I'm not jealous!).

    Hugs, Teddy and Mom Pam

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lulu: "Ryder sure was epically fluffy, sitting on the rock of the bay!"

    ReplyDelete
  6. That’s lovely! And the collie is !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ryder looks stunning in the fall colors. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such wonderful colours, in the leaves and on Ryder. I can see why you like them so much. They very much bring to mind publicity images, high quality images one might have seen for Lassie way back in the day. Such a delight.
    ERin

    ReplyDelete
  9. They are lovely pictures. Lee and Phod

    ReplyDelete