background

Thursday, October 26, 2023

Autumn musings…

 My favorite holiday is Christmas, but my favorite season is Fall.  I’m trying to squeeze in as much outdoor time as possible, before Winter arrives.  But I’m also unbelievably busy right now, trying to do fun things with the dogs, spend time with my grandkids, doing yard work and still get all the therapy dog visits done.  I am getting so many requests for visits, I’ve actually had to start turning people down.  I ended up joining a local chapter of our therapy dog group, hopefully I can pass along some of the visit requests to other teams.  And it will be nice to meet up with other teams for some of the upcoming events, instead of always working independently.




Last week I took Addi to the pumpkin patch, it was her first visit and she did a great job posing for pictures.  She was definitely the cutest Pumpkin in the patch!  



We also took my grandsons to a different pumpkin patch, and all the kids got to pick out their own pumpkins!    This weekend we are supposed to be going to an outdoor barn hunt clinic, if it doesn’t rain yet again. (It’s rained every weekend for the last month!)  And the following weekend is the next barn hunt trial.  There will also be a cluster of dog shows, and my youngest grandson’s 1st birthday is right before Thanksgiving.  But first, Halloween is fast approaching, and I decided to participate in a “trunk or treat” event on Saturday evening.  With fairs, barn hunts, dog shows, beautiful fall foliage, pumpkin patches, Halloween and other fun events, there is little wonder why I love this season!  I just wish Fall was longer and Winter was shorter!

5 comments:

  1. You look beautiful posing with all of the pumpkins, Addi, and we loved the video! How we wish summer could go right into fall and skip summer altogether.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet pup posing with the pumpkins! That was a cute video too. Yes, fall sure is a pretty time of year. Thanks for joining our Thankful Thursday Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could deal with a long fall and a very short winter. lol Glad you and the dogs are so busy. Good luck with the barn trial.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What beautiful pictures of Addi in the pumpkin patch. That's a cute video of your grandson. We hope you have good weather for your Barn Hunt adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lulu: "That's a lot of potential pie right there!"

    ReplyDelete