background

Monday, October 30, 2023

Autumn weekends = tons of pictures!

Another fun weekend has come and gone! Friday night we did a “trunk or treat,” which is where people in our town gather together, decorate the trunks of their cars, and kids come to one location to trick or treat.  It has become really popular, and over 700 kids came to the event! I didn’t go crazy decorating my car, I just had this cute spider decoration.  My Mom and Ryder came with me, and Ryder was a huge hit.  The kids were fascinated by him, as they had never seen a collie before.  More than a few of the children left, asking their parents if they could have a dog just like him, which made me smile.



Saturday I took Sophie to the Barn hunt clinic, and we had a great time.  Without prejudice, I can say she did the best job at finding the rats.  She seems to love it and is so quick that she really impressed me! Hopefully she will do as well at the trial on Saturday, and hopefully I won’t mess up and get her disqualified again!  What this clinic did, that the other place didn’t, was let Sophie actually meet the rat before she started searching.  They had it in a cage before transferring it to the tube, so Sophie could see what creature she had been searching for in the hay.  The rat was unfazed by Sophie’s quiet sniffing, and approached her and gave her a sniff right back. It was nice to see that the rat was socialized with dogs, and had no fear around them.


These aren’t my photos, they were taken by one of the women at the clinic.

After we finished finding the rats, we decided to go on a hike at a nearby park, since we were in the area.  I used to live in that town years ago, and loved this particular park as it has a waterfall and a covered bridge.  The weather was so warm and sunny, it felt like Summer had returned!  



Sophie looks so happy here…



When we got home I grabbed Maizie and Kori, and visited another park, closer to home.  It’s one of my favorite Fall picture spots, and I was grateful for the nice weather, so I could get a few more pictures before we lose the last of the beautiful Fall foliage.  












Sunday we saw the return of the cooler weather, along with heavy rain, so Addison and I met up with friends and did a therapy visit and then had lunch.  It was a nice way to spend a rainy Sunday, and a peaceful way to end a busy weekend.




Hope everyone is enjoying the remaining Autumn days, the seasons are passing so quickly and the snow will be here before we know it!  We are joining Comedy Plus, in their blog hop.  It’s a great way to discover other blogs, so click here!

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful fall photographs and your pups are adorable. So precious.

    Thank you for joining the Awww Mondays Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous Awww Monday and week. Scritches to the pups. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sure had a fun filled fall weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lulu: "Happy Halloween! Wow, a parking lot full of cars handing out treats? That sounds delightful to me!"
    Java Bean: "Our Dada says that little rat reminds him of the pet rat they used to have."
    Chaplin: "No fair they don't have a pet rat anymore. We could have such fun staring at it."

    ReplyDelete
  4. We love your decorated trunk and the autumn leaves and scenery are just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. “trunk or treat" is such a great idea! We really enjoy seeing at your beautiful Autumn photos. The covered bridge is pretty and it reminds us of "The Bridges of The Madison County". Juno and mom

    ReplyDelete