background

Thursday, August 8, 2024

It’s been a while…

 When I lose a dog, I always end up drifting away from posting on the blog.  We all grieve in our own way, and for me, I have a difficult time writing posts about my collies when one is missing.  Kori was such a big part of my life for a dozen years, and she will always be missed.  The quote that sums it up best, “Dogs’ lives are too short, their only fault.”  So we know from the start that they will leave us too soon, but the love they bring into our lives is so pure, we can’t help but cling to them for however long they grace our lives.


I have two other seniors, and I’m a bit panicked when I think of their ages, and how few days we may have left together.  I’m trying to focus on the time we do have, and treasuring every moment.  I hope to keep my posts positive, a celebration of their lives, and the joy they bring into mine.  And I hope our long time followers, and anyone new who comes across our blog, will be patient with my occasional absence.  I always return, eventually, as the collies always have new adventures to share.  And I do have quite a few updates to post, as a lot has happened…so please stop back, the collies have news!

4 comments:

  1. First, I am so very sorry to hear of beautiful Kori's passing. You take all the time you need. I, too, pulled away after the loss of each of my FiveSibes...sometimes it hurts too much to write about them, especially in past tense. My heart gets a pull reading this, as it takes me back and I feel so bad for the pain you are going through and the natural thoughts of your two remaining seniors. I hope and pray they will be with you for a long time to come. Sending you big understanding hugs. xo Run free, dear Kori.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so hard to lose our beloved furkids and it takes a long time get over their loss. Duke arrived soon after Molly's passing but it doesn't mean that I've "gotten over her." Far from it. I miss her every single day so I totally understand your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our parents know all too well how you feel. We're both around 12 years old and our parents worry about how much longer we have together too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chaplin: "We understand how you feel! Dennis went to the Rainbow Bridge almost six years ago now, but there's still and always something missing ..."

    ReplyDelete