Ever year Amy Burkert of the Go Pet Friendly blog hosts the Annual Pet Blogger Challenge. It's a Blog hop, where all kinds of pet blogs link together, to help people discover more about the blogs they already read, or to discover completely new blogs. We missed the last couple years, but we are excited to once again join the Annual Pet Blogger Challenge! So let's get started -
1. For those who may be visiting your blog for the first time, how long have you been blogging and what is your main topic?
We have been blogging for 7 years this coming May. Our blog is about collies, but also includes product reviews, book reviews and dog treat recipes. (plus, a little of this and that!)
2. What was your proudest blogging moment of 2018?
I think my proudest moment of 2018 was when I continued our new "Versatile Collies" series. I'm very excited to showcase this amazing breed, and grateful to our friends who wrote these posts.
3. What was the biggest blogging challenge you faced in 2018, and how did/will you tackle it?
My biggest challenge, which has been a challenge throughout all the years we have been blogging, is carving out time each week to create new posts. I have been working 60 hour work weeks for years, and competing at dog shows with my collies on weekends, so free time is hard to come by.
4. Which of your 2018 blog posts was your favorite and why? (Please include a link.)
I think one of my favorites was the post that I wrote about one our collies from our 2016 litter, Doing What He Loves. It shows how collies are more than capable of performing the tasks they were originally bred for, and how much they love it!
5. Which of your 2018 posts was most popular with your audience? Why do you think it does so well?
I shared an older post, that has always been popular, and that was the most viewed post in 2018. I think people are naturally curious about all the different coat colors the collies come in, so when they search online, my post pops up. A Coat Of a Different Color But my next popular post would have to be Herding With Your collie, which was written by Michael Vorkapich, of the Agile Dog Blog.
6. Did you implemented a new series, feature, or practice on your blog in 2018 that you’re enjoying?
I started the Versatile Collie series in June of 2017, and then restarted it in 2018. I really love this series, and I am in the process of choosing the next post.
7. As the social media landscape changes, how are you promoting your blog posts and connecting with new readers?
I do not promote my blog enough, but I do utilize Twitter and Instagram, and I'm starting to use Pinterest as well.
8. Looking forward to 2019, if you accomplish only one thing through your blog, what do you hope it is?
I want to go back to making my posts a little more personal, so our readers get to know our collies better and learn more about the breed.
9. What steps are you planning to take to ensure you reach your goal?
I'm looking for more guest bloggers, and creating a list of interesting topics to share. Plus, we hope to have some very exciting news to share in about a week or so!
10. Where I could use some help …
I would love suggestions for topics our readers would like covered.