background

Saturday, September 22, 2018

4 ingredient dog cookies

From time to time I like to make my dogs homemade cookies.  I like that I can control what goes into the cookies, and they love when I am baking something just for them.  I haven't shared a recipe in a while, but this one is just too good not to share.  I got this recipe after one of our Therapy Dog visits.  The residents at the nursing home make these cookies for the local animal shelters, and they saved a couple for my collies, as they love my three therapy collies.  The collies loved these cookies so much, that I asked for the recipe to make them at home.


What you'll need:

1 small overripe banana
1/2 Cup peanut butter
1/3 Cup chicken stock OR beef stock for beef flavor
1 Cup wheat flour

(Since we are a multiple dog home, I triple the recipe.)


1) You will need to preheat your oven to 350

2) Mash your bananas


3) Add your peanut butter and broth


4) Slowly mix in the flour


5) Form the dough into a large ball, and then using a rolling pin, roll out the dough.


6) Using a cookie cutter, cut out your shapes and place them on a non-stick pan.


7) Bake your dog cookies for 16 - 18 minutes, depending on how thick you rolled out the dough.


Let the dog cookies cool, and then share them with your dogs!  I keep the cookies in a tupperware container, in the fridge.  These are so easy to make, and with just four ingredients they are safe for dogs or humans to eat!  My collies can't get enough of these cookies, so if you are looking for a quick, easy recipe, I would give this one a try!

12 comments:

  1. Those cookies sound delicious! Thank you for saying Mom can eat them, too. Maybe I stand a ghost of a chance of her making them for me if they're also for HER.

    Love and licks,
    Cupcake

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look so yummy! Thank you for the recipe! Now I need to get mom to make a batch for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Luke loves both peanut butter and bananas so I know he'd love these. And I love when things are simple - the fewer ingredients, the better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll bet they do love that yum made with love!

    ReplyDelete
  5. THANK YOU for sharing a recipe that I am definitely going to try! I even bought bananas tonight from the "overripe" shelf at the store tonight - 5 pounds for $1. A deal, and now I can do something with them besides eat them all! THANKS AGAIN!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmm, those sound fabulous. Your dogs are so lucky to get to eat them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those look good.
    No, make that grrrreat.
    Toodle pip!
    Bertie.

    ReplyDelete
  8. YUMMERS!!!!! I don't thinks even Ma could screw that up!...okays, maybe she could...
    Kisses,
    Ruby ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. These look great, we will have to make them!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These sound yummy! I love anything with peanut butter and bananas and so does Ruby

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello, I enjoy reading all of your article. I wanted to write a little comment to support you.

    ReplyDelete