background

Thursday, May 25, 2017

Worries cast a shadow over ordinary things...

Holly came home yesterday, she seemed to have perked up a bit.  But today she took a turn for the worse, and is back at the Veterinary hospital.  They are running a bunch of tests, x-rays, etc.  I'm trying to stay positive, but we are very worried.  She is 11 1/2 years old, and most collies only live to be 11 - 13 years old.  I really hope we have another year or two with our girl.

With thoughts of how short our time with our dogs really is, I took my Abby on a hike yesterday.  She is now 10 1/2, and has always been my special girl.  I could tell she was really happy, just the two of us, taking a walk along the beach.  Here are some pictures from our walk.








7 comments:

  1. Sending prayers for Holly, that the vet can figure out what is going on and help her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh your walk was just beautiful. Mom understands. stellie rose

    ReplyDelete
  3. So wonderful that you were able to get out with Abby and have a special walk together.

    So sorry to hear about Holly. 24 Paws crossed for her and you. <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry... and I hope the vet has a way or treatment to help Holly... I wish you another year together or two or more and I cross my paws that this wish comes true...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am hoping and praying for your Holly to get through this. I know how tough it is with seniors, seeing them slow down, and trying to fight off something a younger dog might be able to more easily.
    You were wise to take Abby for a walk and enjoy some time with her. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! I would love to live near a beach.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, Kat! I do hope Holly is starting to feel better!! I know how worried you must be!! My thoughts are with all of you! I've asked my sweet Callie-Angel to watch over Holly for you from Heaven.

    I'm glad you took Abby for the walk at the beach! It looks beautiful! And so private! How nice for you both to be able to spend quiet moments together!

    ReplyDelete