2. What was your original purpose for starting a blog?
I originally started the blog to share and record the research I was doing into the history of the collie breed in general, and my own collies in particular. It evolved from there.
3. Is your current purpose the same? If not, what’s different?
No, now I share everything from dog health issues, dog recipes, pictures and stories of my life with my collies.
4. How often do you post?
It depends on the week, and what I have to say! Some weeks I post daily, some weeks it just once a week!
5. Do you blog on a schedule or as the spirit moves you?
Definitely "as the spirit moves me!"
If you don’t publish on a schedule, why? How do you think your decision affects your audience? How do you know when a topic is “post-worthy?”
I have enough schedules in my life! This is something I am doing just for my love of dogs. I think a topic is post-worthy when it is something that interests me, or if it's something I am passionate about...
6. How much time do you spend writing your blog per week?
Completely depends on the topic!
How much time visiting other blogs?
I spend 10 - 12 hours a week reading my friends blogs.
7. How do you measure the success of a post and of your blog in general (comments, shares, traffic)?
I think the best way to measure the success of a post, is by how many comments you have and those comments are positive.
Do you look strictly at the numbers, or do you have a way of assessing the quality of those interactions?
8. If you could ask the pet blogging community for help with one issue you’re having with your blog, what would it be?
What can I do to interest more people in following me?
9. What goals do you have for your blog in 2013?
I would to return to researching and writing more posts about the history of the collie breed.
Go Pet Friendly is hosting this event, so if you want to join the hop visit their blog! :)
This is a Blog Hop!